Apple is the leading platform in the digital world, so iPhone apps are the necessary assets for every business owner. The Apple products are known for their style, exclusiveness, and uniqueness. To keep up with its high quality, Apple imposes strict requirements on its developers. It is important for an iOS developer to abide by standard practices for acceptance into the App store and for user-friendliness and usability.
Check out the following tips for companies that want to get iPhone apps developed.
- Outline the App’s purpose – The first step in developing an app involves creating a mobile strategy considering your business and customer requirements. For instance, iPhone users expect apps to fulfill their specific needs. In order to meet all the needs, developers need to clearly define user needs before developing the app.
- Define target audience – Your app worth nothing if there is no audience. Hence, it is important to develop your iPhone app keeping your target audience in mind.
- Streamline available features – Rearranging visuals and content for the mobile app will help customers recognize your brand while and streamlines interactions on both your app and website.
- Keep your app design simple yet unique – Make sure your app allows users to engage with the app without any complexity. Your design needs to be simple enough for hassle-free use and unique enough to grab the attention of your target audience.
- The app should be compatible with different iOS versions – Your app should support consumers with the oldest as well as the most recent iPhone. An iOS app must support multiple versions of iOS because this will help in widening the reach of your app, hence increases the number of users.
- Create a striking design – Backed with scientific facts, the average attention period for consumers is not more than eight seconds. So, make sure your app provides excellent, easy-to-navigate design to keep users involved.
- High-performance app – Your iOS app must be high performing and fulfill customer requirements of speed, agility, and flexibility. If an app is not highly-efficient, customers will lose interest and ultimately delete it. For instance, Whatsapp allows for smooth interaction between users through text, images and videos.
- Test before launch – It is mandatory for every mobile app development company to carry out plenty of testing before they launch their app. For example, if an app fails the first attempt users operate it, they will not return back to the app, therefore fixing bugs and issues before release can prevent such situation.
- Set your app’s price – Price plays an important part in the iPhone app’s success. Although free apps sound attractive, it may not be beneficial for your business, especially if your app offers a premium, unique service. The factors that help to determine the price of the app are the development time, development cost, and prominent features.
Making an app for a particular business is not an easy task. As to develop an app needs a lot of professional and experienced people. If you’re searching for iPhone development company in New York
, contact Soft System Solution
. We are the leading mobile application development company in New York.
Mobile traffic has exploded in the last 5 years. The exponential rise in the traffic that goes through mobile devices has been unprecedented to say the least.
However, Mobile traffic is further divided into two subsets. The traffic generated by responsive websites built, either exclusively or inclusively, for mobile devices and the traffic generated by mobile apps.
These two are essentially different, from the developer’s desk right up to the way the end users use them. Analyzing these differences can help you determine which platform would be better suited for your business to reach its target audience. Let’s take a look.
Market surveys reveal that in terms of time spent by user, mobile websites lag way behind mobile apps. But at the same time mobile websites get almost twice as much overall traffic as compared to apps. Similarly, in terms of the amount of referrals, mobile websites come out on top with Search and Social media being the top sources.
User behavior for mobile websites and mobile apps differs vastly. Much of this is due to the fact that the two platforms provide different formats. For example, a random website page found as a result of a search query by a user will include, on average, numerous other outbound links to pages with related or relevant information. Thus even though the time spent by a user on the page might be little, it initiates a chain of exploration that can drive traffic to potentially many other pages or websites. This does not happen in the case of apps. The next section will explain why.
Almost all statistics agree that an overwhelming majority of the people spend most of their times using app rather than mobile website. In fact, about 85 to 90% of the total time spent on mobile device comprises of app usage. However, the vast majority of this traffic is confined to the top performing select few apps. So much so, that the top 25-50 apps account for nearly 80-90% of all usage.
Mobile applications further face the problem of retention. Surveys suggest that most apps would never be opened again after 90 days of installing. The usage graph of most apps out there falls sharply with time, often never repeating the initial spike.
Mobile applications by virtue of their format encourage concentrated and prolonged usage but the flipside of this is that they do not generate even half as many referrals and do not drive traffic further.
Add to this that mobile applications require substantially more monetary investment during development as compared to a responsive websites.
So where should you devote your marketing and development efforts?
Keeping the above-mentioned points, business owners planning to build either a website or an app need to carefully consider their objectives and decide which platform best serves them. Experts suggest that unless you have an exceptional team of developers working for you who can create a premium level app that can compete with the best in the niche, it’s a much wiser move to opt for a mobile responsive website.
On the other hand, if the service you plan to provide cannot be encompassed by the web platform then you may have no choice but to go for a mobile app. Therefore, before deciding on whether to invest in website development or app development to bolster your business’s online presence carefully evaluate all the factors mentioned here and then settle for the most optimal solution.
In the world of smart phones, the war for the best app store continues between Apple and Google. Moreover, it has become a hallmark for the mobile device market.
Here are some of the notable statistics and comparison between the both.
With millions of mobile apps out there, getting your app seen by users has become one of the biggest issues that almost all app publishers are facing.
How to handle this problem? App Store Optimization (ASO) is the answer!
App Store Optimization
is one of the most effective techniques that help in improving your app’s visibility in app stores.
Major app stores like Google Play and App Store are flooded with the apps, which means that getting your app discovered can be extremely challenging. App Store Optimization
(ASO) is the ideal marketing practice that helps you accomplish intended results.
What is ASO?
App store optimization is a process that is used to improve the visibility of a mobile app in the search results of the app stores. An app that ranks well in the search results becomes more visible to users, which ultimately results into more app page traffic.
Why ASO is Essential?
It has been found that more than 60% of apps are discovered via app store searches, as it is the most used methods for discovering new apps for the download. It simply means that denying app store optimization, you will struggle to boost the visibility of your app. Therefore, if we say that ASO gives you the privilege to decide the fate of your app, there will be nothing wrong in it.
How to Optimize?
ASO is a long and complex process that requires time and a set of special skills. Even though it takes time to deliver results, but can definitely produce fantastic results. It also gives a perfect platform to your other app marketing strategies as well. You should get in touch with an expert or you can get started with ASO using tips given below-
– It is the most important part of app store optimization program. Begin your research with your app by finding factors such as its performance in the searches and on what terms it ranks better, if it is ranking well. You also need to do research about your competitors not just see where your app ranks compare to them, but also to find their targeted search terms and for what terms they rank well.
– Once you have finished your research, you will have a good understanding of keywords that are ranking well or keywords that you should target for your app. Use keywords that are associated with the essence of your app. Keyword placement is another vital factor, as the correct location of keyword can help your app rank higher.
– Your app description plays a significant role in helping users make a decision whether or not they should download the app. It is an opportunity for you to express the magic features of your app in your own words. Add a short and unique, but impressive description that will leave an impeccable impression on the users.
– Your app logo should be iconic that gives users a glimpse of what your app is all about. Icon of the app is first thing users reflect upon, which why you need create an impressive and eye-catching logo with a cool 3D effect. Remember, it is all about being unique and standing apart from the competitors.
– Many quality apps fail to achieve the desired numbers of downloads because they consider screenshots as a feature list. Using screenshots gives you an opportunity to express your audience why they should use your app. Remember, a picture can say thousand words? Therefore, make sure to use screenshots that define the whole story.
Reviews and Ratings
– Mobile apps with better reviews and higher rating rank better is not a hidden secret anymore. Therefore, it is vital for you to ensure that you have positive reviews and have addressed negative reviews appropriately. Remember, you do not need to beg for good reviews and ratings, as you need to earn it by offering the best. However, you can encourage users to post more reviews and leave suggestion for improvements.
– You just cannot afford to ignore the QA aspect, as you need to make sure that your app is free of bugs and will not crash to make users delete it immediately. Remember, all your efforts and hard work can go in vain, if your app has any bugs or issues associated with its functioning.
– You also need to understand that the category you select for your app would influence the ranking factor for that particular arena. Hence, you should carefully select the category, which is most relevant to the type of service your app offers.
Therefore, at the end we can say that ASO is a crucial requirement that gives you app the most needed exposure.
Difference in ASO for Google Play and The App Store
Even though ASO concepts for both Google Play and The App Store, but still there are two main differences.
– The Apple App store includes a keyword entry field in iTunes Connect to establish keywords. Publisher selects these keywords and the field is Only 100 characters long. While Google Play receives the app keywords from app description and has enough space to add more keywords, because the field is 4,000 characters long.
– Usage of keywords in the app name enables app to rank higher in the both stores, but there is a difference in the characters allowed. Apple allows 255 characters whereas Google gives only 30 characters to name the app.
Want to maximize the numbers of downloads?
ASO is the best possible way to achieve desired visibility and increased app popularity. However, in order to maximize the numbers of downloads, you should also combine it with other marketing channels that can include both paid and organic marketing methods.