While mending damages some tools come in handy. Web development and web designing is gaining immense popularity nowadays. It can entail lots of work in maintaining a site and it may require time. Fortunately, there are companies which can support you in this effort, in providing web solutions for your own website.
In NYC, many reputed companies can be a source of web solutions for you, especially for the maintenance of your website. Web solution companies help different firms in making their presence felt on the World Wide Web. They do so with a number of techniques like web designing, web development.
The professionals are given the charge of designing the company’s website, as well as its constant maintenance. They can be in charge of the constant updates that you have to do to keep your customers and audience up-to-date.
Some Modern Website Design Elements and Trends
Web design is moving toward modular design that often involves designing how the search function will work, how the navigation will be laid out, etc.
In recent times, designers have acquired a large selection of fonts to choose from, making it easier for companies to express their services and brands more accurately through topography. The unique font style makes the website to stand out from the rest.
Large hero images used in the background with text and other content overlaid on top like Uber’s website. Regardless of the approach you make use of, it is visually easy approach to convey through images the story behind your websites without having to rely on just text.
Flat design was quickly adopted by designers to end the concept of skeuomorphism very quickly. The biggest advantage of using flat design forces designers to emphasis more on the content and picking the trendy colors to help users find the way through designs.
Some websites also have videos that play in the background that can add a lot to a page. These videos can be used to tell a story and significantly reduce the amount of other written content used to explain your business.
Improve Your Business’ Search Engine Optimization to Attract Potential New Customers
Search engine optimization includes good code and good website standards and continues with management of your online presence. The core of website building is having good coding standards.
Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
can be used to connect your websites. This will let you have knowledge of users and who is using your website. The number of visitors you may be getting and how often they return to your website.
To understand the SEO health of your websites and improve Google deems, you need to achieve scores and speeds by following these features:
• Optimizing the delivery of your code
• Using content delivery networks for distributing to various networks to speed up request and download times
• Using cache plugin and mechanisms to speed up response time
• Server level and user level image optimization so that the content is optimized for the web
• Use a good web host that has a good fast response time when loading a website
Apart from having a good website design and SEO management, you need to have a good reputation management strategy for your firm.
Let’s have a look at some of the common methods followed by the reputation management firms to eliminate the negative image of a brand or an individual.
• Publishing optimistic and original web content through social media profiles and websites to hit harmful search engine results.
• Publishing press releases to support the brand and annul discouraging search results.
• Maintaining search engine optimization
• Talk about the company in various reputed third party platforms.
• Multiple blogs by different sources
Reputation Is the Secret Ingredient to Success
When you have many competitors in the market who are spending money on the same advertising and marketing tactics, what establishes your brand then is the reputation and it brings revenue growth.
Interestingly, the foundation for understanding reputation is now global, with online review sites, blogs, and social media making it easier for customers to understand the brands and the related products.
Encouraging Positive Reviews
In the service industry, such as restaurants, the customers are asked for feedback immediately. Many people are happy to share their positive feedback on their social media profiles after a pleasant experience.
For online business, surveys and feedback forms are useful to record reviews for potential customers.. For the proper progressive growth of businesses, you need to have a strong summarize mechanism that ensures every customer provides feedback, whether positive or negative.
Thus, in today’s competitive market it has become important to stay ahead of the curve by reading guides on upcoming trends of web solutions in the coming year. You need to approach companies which follow these trends and make use of it in their work. Soft System Solution
helps you in creating experiences for your customers who will actually add value and ensure positive reputation going forward.
How many marketers know how to juggle with codes? Not many!
That was probably one big reason that encouraged Google to come up with Tag Manager
There was no way a webmaster could track events of a website without getting his hands onto the codes. But, not anymore!
Now, no matter what you want to analyze (whether it is finding out how many people clicked on a button, or how many times a file was downloaded, etc.), you can do it without playing with the codes, through auto event tracking with tag manager.
What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
GTM is a tool that makes it trouble-free to add and update tags on a website. The GTM is well known for making the lives of online marketers easier. Furthermore, saving their precious time and making proper setups. However, not everyone realizes its importance. The Google tag manager provides greater flexibility to the marketers by introducing Auto event-tracking tool.
How the auto-event tracking works?
- Listen- By using the event- listener tag, you can listen to different types of user actions that includes clicks, form downloads, etc.
- Capture- after the tag detects a particular action; it identifies it and captures it.
Auto event tracking is a great option. Some of the main benefits are-
- Collect- after all this, you can automatically collect the actions using some additional tags.
- Further, it helps with the complex implementation without custom coding.
- You can create event tags directly with the help of auto event tracking tool.
- The auto event-tracking feature allows GTM users to fire scraps of tracking code without making any modifications to the page.
What is funnel optimization?
Funnel optimization is the process of customizing the path of conversion to attain highest possible conversion rate.
Funnel optimization is about encouraging more and more people to complete the goal of the website (which could be selling, signup, etc.).
While funnel optimization is categorized as quite a complex technique, but it is equally essential in ensuring that a website is delivering the best possible output.
There are a lot of aspect of this process, of which analytics holds the most prominent position. You would need to study the analytics reports carefully to understand the behavior of each visitor, bounce rate, and much more.
How can you optimize your funnel for maximum conversions?
Create detailed funnel visualization in Google Analytics
- Give a name – you first need to give a name to your goal that will further help with the data reports.
- Define– you can add about 10 pages to the funnel. Through this, you can easily find out where the users are dropping off before completion.
Examining your landing pages–
- Give a value– after giving a name to your goal and defining it, the next step is to give your goal a value. To calculate ROI, giving a value to your goal is very important.
Once you are done with Google analytics, the next step is to focus on your landing pages. A landing page should be engaging enough to encourage your visitors to go all the way.
Here are the main elements that require your attention-
- Page headlines– The headline should be catchy and smart. You can experiment with different headlines and see which one turns out to be more effective.
- Effective call to action buttons– A call to action button should stand out so that it can get more attention. CTAs should be big , bright, and catchy, for sure.
- Color combination– Use different text and background color to improve the conversion rate.
Analyze your sign up forms
- Images and videos– Try using different images and videos to for a positive impact on the visitors.
– The next step is analyzing your sign up forms. The most essential things that should be kept in mind under this section include-
- Try different headlines for your sign up form
- Do not use confusing words
Building and testing your email conversion
- Proper placement of the text boxes
– Building an email newsletter is important, but it should include the following-
Run an online 5-seconds test
– After you have successfully optimized your funnel for conversions, the last step is to check it through an online test. Your funnel optimization is successful only if the online trial test shows it to be.
For some time now, Google Analytics users have been noticing spam referral traffic in their reports. While, many GA users use filters to keep spams or fake hits out of their reports, other users do not even know that hits can be fake. Fake hits are generated by using ghost referrer spam and it has emerged as a big problem in quite some time now.
What is the matter exactly?
When users opt to visit your site by clicking on link to your website, their web browser sends a HTTP request to your web server. This request contains request line and request headers as described in the following image –
In header, there is a field named referrer, which consist of URL of user’s previously visited web page (before your site). GA’s tracking code gathers inclusive data related to referrer and sends it to your web property.In result, you can see this data in reports.
On the contrary, this data can be sent directly to analytics by using measurement protocol without making a request from the browser. This is the ghost.
For analytics, these figures are similar to any other. Filters are not of any use for a request URL via measurement protocol.
Using this protocol, spammers feign hits along with complete information that looks authentic. Only thing they need is the Tracking ID of your site.
– It is the data that one sends to GA server by using the measurement protocol. Some of its parameters are –
You must know that it is possible to fake all the above mentioned parameters except version and tracking ID.
Furthermore, this data can be formatted to send pageview hit to analytics through protocol. How? Answer is –
// Tracking ID / Property ID.
555 // Anonymous Client ID.
pageview // Pageview hit type.
mydemo.com // Document hostname.
/home // Page.
homepage // Title.
Spammers provide alteredvalue to afore mentioned parameters like –
// Tracking ID / Property ID.
// randomly generated Client ID.
// Pageview hit type.
// Document hostname.
Here, all the bold
parameters are feigned and it is valid.
One can send following feigned event data to analytics by making an HTTP POST request to www.google-analytics.com –
1 // Version.
UA-12344-1 // Tracking ID / Property ID.
// Randomly generated Client ID.
event // Event hit type
// Event Category. Required.
// Event Action. Required.
So, it shows that all spammers need is your tracking, which they can gain by –
- Through Spam bots
- By arbitrarily generating property IDs and targeting any website
So, by changing values of parameters, one can effortlessly escape from filters. What you need to do is update your filters frequently. Or, encode request URIs. How does it work? It is defined here –
Page that reports encoded URI in the place of the original one
When a visitor visits home page of your website, the request URI is sdfsdfjdrwrwe90424/. It includes security key (sdfsdfjdrwrwe90424)as well as the path name of current URL (/).
Encoded URI is directed to GA
In Google analytics, you get the report of URI in following format
But if you encode it, then you will get the report in following format
URIs with proper security key is counted in reports
Without security key, filter effectively dismisses that URI from your reports. Since spammers don’t usually know about websites, they target home page the most.For this page, you get URI in / like –
Sometimes, spammers send hits for those web pages that don’t even exist. But since these requests also don’t have proper key, they are also left out.In addition, you have the facility to change this key anytime.
Decode in GA
Decoding is essential for the better understanding of data as it looks like –
During this procedure, you take out the security key from URI.
How can you encode all URIs?
It is completed in several steps that are –
Enhance the tracking code
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-30449797-1′, ‘auto’);
ga(‘send’, ‘pageview’,’<enter your security key>’ + location.pathname);
You can choose your key in any alphanumeric number, but it should be long. Here, locations.pathname returns the path name of current URL. Attach the key to this path name to modify request URI.
Make a view filter that include merely those pages that have security key
Build another filter that eradicates key from URI
Google analytics, a comprehensive product by Google, generates detailed report of traffic for websites and evaluates conversion and sales, as well. Webmasters use it to tracks visitors different sources like organic traffic, referrals, traffic from social websites, and direct visits.
When setting up Google Analytics for a new project, many things need to be taken care of. That includes tech audit, evaluating content and back links. In most of the cases, reviewing information provided by analytics is overlooked.
Performing other tasks is a mere wastage of time without reviewing how analytics account is created. Here is a comprehensive to-do list when setting up Google Analytics for a new project.
Do not include internal IP addresses
- Including internal and partner IP addresses results in over report traffic and decreases conversion rate
- Go to admin; choose filters, and then new filter to keep out internal IP addresses
It is necessary to create a copy of the profile and apply filter to the created copy. If any issue arises, you will not get the lost data back. Therefore, it is good to create backup for preventing data loss.
Check for the presence of Google analytics codes on all pages
UA account- Listed only one time!
- We will not get accurate conversion data in case Google analytics codes are not present on any page. Have a look at referral reports to see whether these codes are available on all pages or not.
- You will observe all conversions from referral to direct, in case, if GA codes are not available for different pages.
- Make use of screaming frog to check whether Google analytics codes are available for pages or not. Select configuration tab, select, and update custom field to check for the presence of UA ID.
Linking associated accounts
1. Relate Google Analytics and AdWords
- Running two Google Analytics codes concurrently is not at all an issue but running two examples of identical code is not ok.
- Two examples of same code will mess up entire metrics. For example, two separate examples of Track Page views will create confusion in areas like page views, pages per visit, bounce rate, and time on site.
- The best way to avoid this mess is by looking at the source code and search for UA.
2. Also link Google Analytics and Webmaster tools
- Doing so will make it easy for you to share data across Google Analytics and AdWords.
Ensure proper campaign tracking implementation
Auto tagging is allowed in Google analytics
- This type of linking will allow you to share webmaster tools with Google Analytics.
UTM tags are present in Non Google paid search campaign URL’s
- If you have not allowed auto tagging, then your paid search traffic will appear as organic traffic in Google Analytics.
- To verify whether you permitted auto tagging or not, sign in into your AdWords account, go to account setting and then preferences.
Redirect using UTM parameters
- The traffic will be counted as organic search visits, if you will not include UTM parameters in your campaign.
- GA understands utm_ medium=cpc, and utm_medium=ppc as paid search traffic, therefore, one of these must be used in campaign.
This will enable you to determine visits and conversions from the vanity domain to the campaign related with these types of domains.
Email campaigns make use of UTM parameters
This will allow you to evaluate visits and conversions from the email marketing efforts.
Conversions and interactions
Establishing ecommerce tracking
- It includes different types of activities such as creating an account, purchases, signing up for a newsletter, completing contact forms and many more.
- Try to relate monetary value with goals created.
Setting up event tracking
- Ecommerce tracking is one of the best ways for determining amount of profits you are getting. Along with determining revenue, it will also let you know channels and sources that are generating revenue for your business.
Creating content groupings
- Event tracking is one of the best ways for evaluating ways in which users are interacting with your website.
- With event tracking, you can track everything such as videos played, form submissions, and downloads made by visitors.
Content groupings are nothing but cluster of pages like landing pages, blog posts, ecommerce pages or any collection of pages, which are related with one category to the other.