A business whether small or big, is becoming aware of the growing importance of mobile marketing, but there are many which are still in dark as to what it actually is, how it works and what are its actual benefits. Do you really need a mobile app for your business? Cross platform enterprise mobile application development in New York, offers significant benefits of a faster turnaround time, lower costs and easy going management.
But how mobile app marketing stands out from other marketing medium? Benefits of mobile app marketing vs. other marketing mediums
Social Media vs. Mobile Marketing
Social media is somewhat a new medium and many small businesses are following it. But it is not of significant use as the users on social media are not looking to make a purchase, they are there to catch up with friends and check updates.
Email Marketing vs. Mobile Marketing
Email marketing is an old method that is still followed by a few businesses. But even if someone subscribes to your list, there’s no surety that they will see your email. And even if they see it is not sure that they will read it. With mobile apps, you have an option of push notification. These are the updates that you get on your phone to let you know something new is going in within one of your apps.
As many small businesses know the competition going on these days, so you need to be mobile. That means not just having mobile – friendly website but also connecting with on – the – go customers and employees and helping mobile customers and employees to connect with you.
These six mobile applications can help small and midsized businesses to connect with their customers and gain popularity and profit:
Geo targeting in geomarketing and internet marketing is the method to find the location of a website visitor and delivering different data to that visitor based on their location.
What is more exciting than exclusive deals for the customers? Create a mobile app for your loyalty rewards program, users who download the app get access to exclusive deals, early bird specials and more. You can survey which rewards the users prefer and increase engagement and revenue.
If you are a service business, such as a salon or some studio, mobile apps will allow the customers to make appointments. Then use text or SMS messaging to confirm appointments and to send reminders.
Mobile payments app allows small businesses to swipe credit cards and handle other business transactions through phone. It is a big timesaver and it allows businesses to take payments on the go in seconds.
For every small business communication and connectivity is key for success. Slack is a great cost effective example of a communications platform that can help to minimize email and improve collaboration. Slack’s mobile app allows you to stay connected anywhere.
Mobile apps can also help businesses to guide their customers and support the, in order to maintain the reputation you will need to respond to customers within four hours or as early as possible.
Mobile CRM offers owners a wide range of capabilities at their fingertips, thus maintaining the customer relationship management and keeping track of tasks, contacts, organizations and opportunities.
By switching on to these mobile apps, you business will benefit in the following ways:
It boosts interest:The mobile app will give you an easy way to showcase your services to your customers or potential customers. They can use just a one stop point to get all the required information.
It increases customer engagement:Almost all the customers are attracted towards good deal and great discounts. And this is exactly you can do with your mobile app.
It ensures ease:Users wish for easy to go experience, whether they are using the app or your site on pc or phone. If a mobile app is made with a good plan and a clear vision, it becomes possible to deliver on their expectations.
It helps in promotion:Any new product in your business can be displayed to the customers through apps. Thus, promoting your recent updates.
And once you are sure of it, you can the basics on your own. Whether you have a small, medium or big business, going mobile is the only way nowadays. People are constantly using their mobile devices to browse the internet and if you do not offer the service, you are missing out on the opportunities.
Hire a professional to design the mobile app for your business. The professional designers and developers will make sure you have new content to keep the app fresh and interesting for users.
Google Analytics has always been an important part of the web marketing. It provided statistics and reports about websites’ traffic and performance of the marketing campaign. However, Google Analytics is also available for mobile app developers. Since mobile app emerged as one of the biggest aspects in the IT industry, Google Analytics was also integrated to track and measure the mobile app engagement of the users.
Technically, this tool starts measuring an application from its launch on store to download. It provides insights to find the new visitors, learn from users’ engagement or improve it and track your sales/leads. It is available for the apps of several mobile platforms such as Android and iOS. You will have to install SDK (Software Development Kit) for your respective platform and implement it with your application. For start, you will get following features that provide information about your product –
- Details of users and sessions – You will get comprehensive information about the users of your app including their numbers. You will also get information about their frequent visits, sessions and their durations.
- Details of the operating systems are another part of mobile app analytics tracking.
- Details of the device models used by users
- Where the users came from. Geographical reach of users can also be tracked using Google Analytics for your mobile app
You can also add additional features in Google Analytics to get more information related to your applications.
Here are some of the additional features –
Actions or events
– You will get full information about the actions taken by the users inside your app. It includes every click, achievements (in games) and completion of objectives etc. There is also developer’s guide for event tracking.
Details of Ecommerce
– You can also track all the details related to the in app sales. It includes the number of downloads and purchases of items. You will also get details of in-app payments and the revenue you are generating from it.
Analytics about users’ behavior
– In Google Analytics, you will also get comprehensive reports about the behavior of users. You will get customized reports that will help you in analyzing the places of improvement. It will also help in understanding what your application’s customers want or which type of users want a specific item or how to change your marketing techniques to gain more customers.
Details of conversions
– It will provide the details of conversions. You can set a goal for conversions and also track it. With the comprehensive data of users, you will know what they want or prefer or where they spent most of their time and many more. It will help you in analyzing and improving troubled area. You can also make improvements in those areas, which are most preferred by visitors to increase conversion.
– You will also get the feature of real-time reporting with Google Analytics. It will help you in knowing who is using your application.
With above mentioned and many more features, app marketing is becoming easier for developers.
How should you set up Mobile App Analytics: Here are some of the key points to remember:
Tracking of apps in property
– Number of apps tracked in same property is limited, which prevents exceeding account limit. You can track an application in its property via separate tracking ID. It prevents the combination of records.
Tracking of platforms in property
– One app for variety of platforms can be tracked in separate properties. You can also see comprehensive data in one platform. Analyze the performance in different platforms with reports.
Tracking of editions (on the basis of features)
– Track the various editions of application in separate or same properties. It can be tracked on the basis of features, whether similar or different. It combines and compares data in reports while preventing accidental comparison among dissimilar data.
Tracking of versions in property
– Variety of version of an app are automatically recognized, which reduces the need to new property creation. Compare existing and new versions.
However, before setting this account, you need to keep your reporting goals in mind.