Apple is the leading platform in the digital world, so iPhone apps are the necessary assets for every business owner. The Apple products are known for their style, exclusiveness, and uniqueness. To keep up with its high quality, Apple imposes strict requirements on its developers. It is important for an iOS developer to abide by standard practices for acceptance into the App store and for user-friendliness and usability.
Check out the following tips for companies that want to get iPhone apps developed.
- Outline the App’s purpose – The first step in developing an app involves creating a mobile strategy considering your business and customer requirements. For instance, iPhone users expect apps to fulfill their specific needs. In order to meet all the needs, developers need to clearly define user needs before developing the app.
- Define target audience – Your app worth nothing if there is no audience. Hence, it is important to develop your iPhone app keeping your target audience in mind.
- Streamline available features – Rearranging visuals and content for the mobile app will help customers recognize your brand while and streamlines interactions on both your app and website.
- Keep your app design simple yet unique – Make sure your app allows users to engage with the app without any complexity. Your design needs to be simple enough for hassle-free use and unique enough to grab the attention of your target audience.
- The app should be compatible with different iOS versions – Your app should support consumers with the oldest as well as the most recent iPhone. An iOS app must support multiple versions of iOS because this will help in widening the reach of your app, hence increases the number of users.
- Create a striking design – Backed with scientific facts, the average attention period for consumers is not more than eight seconds. So, make sure your app provides excellent, easy-to-navigate design to keep users involved.
- High-performance app – Your iOS app must be high performing and fulfill customer requirements of speed, agility, and flexibility. If an app is not highly-efficient, customers will lose interest and ultimately delete it. For instance, Whatsapp allows for smooth interaction between users through text, images and videos.
- Test before launch – It is mandatory for every mobile app development company to carry out plenty of testing before they launch their app. For example, if an app fails the first attempt users operate it, they will not return back to the app, therefore fixing bugs and issues before release can prevent such situation.
- Set your app’s price – Price plays an important part in the iPhone app’s success. Although free apps sound attractive, it may not be beneficial for your business, especially if your app offers a premium, unique service. The factors that help to determine the price of the app are the development time, development cost, and prominent features.
Making an app for a particular business is not an easy task. As to develop an app needs a lot of professional and experienced people. If you’re searching for iPhone development company in New York
, contact Soft System Solution
. We are the leading mobile application development company in New York.
Today, the technology has transformed everything. People become more active and smart by using this technology. The complexity level of the work also has been reduced by the latest technology based devices and equipment.
In short, it would be correct to say that advanced technology has put an imperative effect to the whole world.
Mobile app development is one of the biggest example of this effect. Nowadays, numerous kinds of apps are available for Android and iOS mobile phones which are not only user engaging but also simplifies your day-to-day tasks.
Hence, in order to make these apps more demanding and useful, several mobile app development agencies in New York come into picture.
Why Is It Essential To Develop Mobile Apps?
No wonder, all kinds of business whether large, medium or small are taking benefit of the mobile apps as it supports them to stay competitive and improve efficiency.
Have a look at some of the most popular benefits of mobile app development for businesses:
1. Keep Digital Files for Accountability
For thoughts and considerations identified with your client, one can without much of a stretch record them on the phone for dictation. These recordings can then be stored in a safe location and can be used by only authorized staff. This can help in enhancing responsibility and furthermore serve your clients better.
2. Enhance Productivity
As the business apps are custom built in order to keep your business needs in attention. Thus, here the advance mobile apps work as an inclusive app and perform various functions and also avoid the need for several apps.
Not only this, these apps are specially designed to match the one’s working style therefore, these will increase the business’s productivity and ultimately improves business ROI.
3. Make It Easy To Manage The Project
By using the user engaging mobile apps, one can manage their project effectively and without any error. Mobile apps can be installed to keep a real-time analysis on your project progress and deadlines. Modifications can be sent after completion of each phase of the project and keep the billing cycle for each stage of the project.
So, the mobile apps can make the project management quite easy!
4. Provide High Scalability
Standard applications are worked to deal with a set number of assets and procedures. In the case of your business developing, these applications may not be able to deal with the heap. Specially designed applications, then again are developed remembering every one of these parameters and can be scaled up effortlessly when the need emerges.
5. Keep Your Essential Data Safely
General business applications may have the particular security highlights, which can put your business information to hazard. Having a mobile application made exclusively for your business can fortify your information security framework, as important safety efforts will be dealt with as indicated by your business needs while application improvement.
6. Offers Real-Time Project Access
During, having simple access to all your work archives turns out to be extremely valuable. Having an altered application for your business, you can without much of a stretch synchronize your telephone with your desktop and have entry to all your work archives, errands, timetables, and so forth.
Additionally, recovering leaflets and contracts which can be imparted to your customers turns out to be simple with custom business applications.
After reading these points, no one can deny the importance of mobile apps for any kind of business!
Soft System Solution is one of the New York based multinational companies, offering the top classes mobile app services to their clients. The way to develop any app will warm the cockles of your heart. The mobile app developers of the company are highly experienced and capable of delivering any kind of task on time.
The company is expert in the android development, iPhone development and Apple watch development.
What does Soft System Solution has in store for you?
With rich and core knowledge of different operating system frameworks, as well as iPhone simulators, the team of designers and programmers at Soft System Solution deliver tailored solutions as per the requirements of different clients spanning almost all major industries.
Some of the applications that the professionals at Soft System Solution can design for you include:
The essence of having a mobile application can be vital for your business. With the shift in momentum towards mobile utility apps and games, more and more companies are looking to cash in the possibilities of this multi-level domain. Connect to a certified mobile app development company today to discover how you can harness the energy of mobile apps to scale and grow your business.
Smartphones have an enormous success story of the past few years and the devices get more important each year. Many businesses obtain vital advantages by using mobile technology.
That’s the reason the development of its app becomes more significant. Basically, mobile application development
is the method of creating and developing software and application programs for mobile phones and smart gadgets. These application and software programs are either established or installed already at the time of mobile device’s manufacturing or the other case is you bought from software providers for mobile phones and then installed on the phone, or downloaded directly to the mobile phone through its web browser.
But as this is not a small topic, this article will assist you to familiarise yourself with what mobile application development is all about.
Software and application programs for mobile phones are being designed, created and developed to operate on the most eminent mobile device platforms and environments today. These are the as follows:
The Symbian OS
The Blackberry OS
The HP webOS
Android OS and
The Apple iOS
These execution environments just assist the codes and binaries that correspond to its operating system. But what is standard among most mobile phones is that they utilise “ARM processors”. Through the usually used ARM Architecture, the codes and binaries of the mobile app are performed in machine format for reading by the processor of the device. Development of mobile apps, although, but have to be done applying tools for particular mobile working systems.
As a developer, it is always a must to learn and do a research of what platforms or environments to use for the development of mobile phone programs. Doing mobile app development gives the programmer exposure to the devices of the trade, allowing him to execute the code quicker, examine it, and later on expand the mobile app for several mobile phones and their OS (operating systems).
Some of the known development environments for mobile application development involve the following:
Android, Application Craft
Aqua, Battery Tech
Macromedia Flash Lite
After every development, the built and developed modules of the mobile application must support a series of experiments in order to decide either it performs according to the specifications set to it or not.
The project team must select one of its crew to perform the testing. For the development of mobile app, here are the mobile application test environments that can be done for the Blackberry, iPhone and Android operating systems:
Google Android Emulator
Official Android SDK Emulator
Other tools include FoneMonkey, Robotium, Sikuli and MITE.
Hence, these are the points to keep in mind when setting out to build software applications and programs for mobile phones and smart gadgets.
It is pretty challenging and time-consuming to tackle a project of developing mobile applications because there are a plenty of elements to think and a couple of time is required for studies, the simultaneous development of different modules, and its mixture of one completely operating application, and the testing phase that should be carried out exactly.
Mobile application software development is alike to system software development for computers, and web applications, and web site development
There are a lot of reputed organizations in New York, which are offering the top rated mobile application development services
to their customers.
Recently there has been a debate about choosing the language for iOS mobile applications. Developers find themselves battling to choose between Objective-C and Swift as both the languages are fiercest competitors today.
When Swift emerged on the scene as a competitor for Objective-C the entire community was surprised and left in a state of confusion. AS the developers debate over its future implications, many are of the view that Swift is better as compared to Objective-C.
In the following points we will try to shed a light on the significant advantages that Swift has to offer and why it is catching up as a preferred language among many accomplished developers in the fraternity.
Developer argue that Swift is a more compact language as compared to Objective-C. It is easy to read due to fact that it has less codes. Although, this is not directly proportional to the simplicity of the language, it is considered to bring more benefits whilst being reusable to a great extent. Typically Swift can help reduce lines of code to a great extent, it can reduce 75000 lines to a mere 25000 lines without sacrificing the performance.
Objective-C contains C API legacy which makes it slower while Swift is considered to have the fastest algorithm in terms of performance approaching C++ in that regard. Although Swift 1.2 was found to be a little slower that the competitor, Apple is making efforts to improve the speed with pretty successful results recently. Swift 2.0 was able to beat C++ when tested for many computing algorithms.
Various mistakes which are possibly shown in Objective-C can be overcome using Swift with its unique syntax and simplified language constructions. This reduces the number of crashes and diminishes cases pertaining unexpected behavior. It makes the job easier for the developer providing a quality control mechanism in case bad code is written.
Swift Playgrounds has given the developers a whole new platform of opportunities. The developers can test code without having bulky pieces or a whole app. It provides opportunity to check and correct the errors along the way by providing visualization data and is applicable to code experiments and custom views.
It doesn’t get any bigger than the fact that the biggest IT giants IBM and Apple collaborate their efforts and move ahead to invest in Swift. When Swift went towards the open source platform it caught IBM’s attention in a massive way. Efforts are being made in the direction to develop framework with Objective-C only to be made compatible with Swift later.
Moving on from Apple platforms alone Swift is expanding on Linux making it the most portable platform which Objective-C is far from being. Initiatives are in progress to bring Swift in Android development as well and is one of the most promising future plans. Apart from so many advantages, it is possible to use Swift as a script language. While the developers community is in a split at the moment it is believed Swift language is the future for app development.
A business whether small or big, is becoming aware of the growing importance of mobile marketing, but there are many which are still in dark as to what it actually is, how it works and what are its actual benefits. Do you really need a mobile app for your business? Cross platform enterprise mobile application development in New York, offers significant benefits of a faster turnaround time, lower costs and easy going management.
But how mobile app marketing stands out from other marketing medium? Benefits of mobile app marketing vs. other marketing mediums
Social Media vs. Mobile Marketing
Social media is somewhat a new medium and many small businesses are following it. But it is not of significant use as the users on social media are not looking to make a purchase, they are there to catch up with friends and check updates.
Email Marketing vs. Mobile Marketing
Email marketing is an old method that is still followed by a few businesses. But even if someone subscribes to your list, there’s no surety that they will see your email. And even if they see it is not sure that they will read it. With mobile apps, you have an option of push notification. These are the updates that you get on your phone to let you know something new is going in within one of your apps.
As many small businesses know the competition going on these days, so you need to be mobile. That means not just having mobile – friendly website but also connecting with on – the – go customers and employees and helping mobile customers and employees to connect with you.
These six mobile applications can help small and midsized businesses to connect with their customers and gain popularity and profit:
Geo targeting in geomarketing and internet marketing is the method to find the location of a website visitor and delivering different data to that visitor based on their location.
What is more exciting than exclusive deals for the customers? Create a mobile app for your loyalty rewards program, users who download the app get access to exclusive deals, early bird specials and more. You can survey which rewards the users prefer and increase engagement and revenue.
If you are a service business, such as a salon or some studio, mobile apps will allow the customers to make appointments. Then use text or SMS messaging to confirm appointments and to send reminders.
Mobile payments app allows small businesses to swipe credit cards and handle other business transactions through phone. It is a big timesaver and it allows businesses to take payments on the go in seconds.
For every small business communication and connectivity is key for success. Slack is a great cost effective example of a communications platform that can help to minimize email and improve collaboration. Slack’s mobile app allows you to stay connected anywhere.
Mobile apps can also help businesses to guide their customers and support the, in order to maintain the reputation you will need to respond to customers within four hours or as early as possible.
Mobile CRM offers owners a wide range of capabilities at their fingertips, thus maintaining the customer relationship management and keeping track of tasks, contacts, organizations and opportunities.
By switching on to these mobile apps, you business will benefit in the following ways:
It boosts interest:The mobile app will give you an easy way to showcase your services to your customers or potential customers. They can use just a one stop point to get all the required information.
It increases customer engagement:Almost all the customers are attracted towards good deal and great discounts. And this is exactly you can do with your mobile app.
It ensures ease:Users wish for easy to go experience, whether they are using the app or your site on pc or phone. If a mobile app is made with a good plan and a clear vision, it becomes possible to deliver on their expectations.
It helps in promotion:Any new product in your business can be displayed to the customers through apps. Thus, promoting your recent updates.
And once you are sure of it, you can the basics on your own. Whether you have a small, medium or big business, going mobile is the only way nowadays. People are constantly using their mobile devices to browse the internet and if you do not offer the service, you are missing out on the opportunities.
Hire a professional to design the mobile app for your business. The professional designers and developers will make sure you have new content to keep the app fresh and interesting for users.
Mobile traffic has exploded in the last 5 years. The exponential rise in the traffic that goes through mobile devices has been unprecedented to say the least.
However, Mobile traffic is further divided into two subsets. The traffic generated by responsive websites built, either exclusively or inclusively, for mobile devices and the traffic generated by mobile apps.
These two are essentially different, from the developer’s desk right up to the way the end users use them. Analyzing these differences can help you determine which platform would be better suited for your business to reach its target audience. Let’s take a look.
Market surveys reveal that in terms of time spent by user, mobile websites lag way behind mobile apps. But at the same time mobile websites get almost twice as much overall traffic as compared to apps. Similarly, in terms of the amount of referrals, mobile websites come out on top with Search and Social media being the top sources.
User behavior for mobile websites and mobile apps differs vastly. Much of this is due to the fact that the two platforms provide different formats. For example, a random website page found as a result of a search query by a user will include, on average, numerous other outbound links to pages with related or relevant information. Thus even though the time spent by a user on the page might be little, it initiates a chain of exploration that can drive traffic to potentially many other pages or websites. This does not happen in the case of apps. The next section will explain why.
Almost all statistics agree that an overwhelming majority of the people spend most of their times using app rather than mobile website. In fact, about 85 to 90% of the total time spent on mobile device comprises of app usage. However, the vast majority of this traffic is confined to the top performing select few apps. So much so, that the top 25-50 apps account for nearly 80-90% of all usage.
Mobile applications further face the problem of retention. Surveys suggest that most apps would never be opened again after 90 days of installing. The usage graph of most apps out there falls sharply with time, often never repeating the initial spike.
Mobile applications by virtue of their format encourage concentrated and prolonged usage but the flipside of this is that they do not generate even half as many referrals and do not drive traffic further.
Add to this that mobile applications require substantially more monetary investment during development as compared to a responsive websites.
So where should you devote your marketing and development efforts?
Keeping the above-mentioned points, business owners planning to build either a website or an app need to carefully consider their objectives and decide which platform best serves them. Experts suggest that unless you have an exceptional team of developers working for you who can create a premium level app that can compete with the best in the niche, it’s a much wiser move to opt for a mobile responsive website.
On the other hand, if the service you plan to provide cannot be encompassed by the web platform then you may have no choice but to go for a mobile app. Therefore, before deciding on whether to invest in website development or app development to bolster your business’s online presence carefully evaluate all the factors mentioned here and then settle for the most optimal solution.
The mobile application market has completely transformed since 2014. A lot of changes have been made in the way smartphones and tablets work. Now, mobile app developers need to prep for the upcoming app changes.
Here is a list of app trends that are ruling in 2015-
Rapid mobile development
– With the increasing demand of mobile applications, various businesses are launching new app products. To fasten the development process, developers are using various tools as well as frameworks.
– Maintaining security on mobile devices is a big challenge for developers because of hacking and information leak problem. According to Gartner’s prediction, almost 75% of mobile applications fail to stand by on the security tests. This makes hacking continue until the time developers do not think big and develop a fully secured application.
– The cloud technology will be playing a crucial role in mobile app development in 2015. In order to integrate and synchronize the apps on multiple devices, cloud approach will be used. This will allow users to access apps on multiple devices with same functionality and content.
Beacon technology and location based Wi-Fi Services
– With Beacon technology, cellular phones will become smarter than before. Giving new power to the phone with this technology, businesses will truly benefit. It will allow them locate their customers location and provide them specific content right on their mobile phones.
In addition to this, Wifi will provide a lot more services than before. In conjunction with MX, a new platform called Wi-Fi MX will be made that allow businesses to engage consumers with right information at the right place from the moment they enter the premises.
– Apple Watch was a buzzword in tech and consumer electronics industries in 2014. It focused on fitness and health care industry. But, with the onset of 2015, this device is expected to benefit businesses as well. Enterprises can now improve their productivity and efficiency. Bottom line, in 2015 wearable devices will continue to be the hottest topic for enterprises and various industries.
M-commerce, Banking, and Mobile Payments
– In 2014, 19% of retail ecommerce sales were made on smartphones or tablets. Looking into the increased sales, this trend will continue in the upcoming years, which will also make consumers adapt to m-commerce. Paying and purchasing will become an easy way with Apple Pay and Google Wallet and likely discontinue the use of debit or credit cards.
Internet of Things (IoT)
– The use of smart phones has exponentially increased the growth of Internet of Things. Integrated with the WiFi or Beacon technology helps b businesses reach their targeted audience via apps right on time and place.
– User experience has become a crucial factor since the time there has been an increase in the number of smart-phones, tablets, and wearable devices. This has increased focus of app developers on creating better user experiences.
– Technological advancement has raised the use of multiplayer games. With this, the social interaction and social media integration has become important. It is expected to continue because of cloud driven games.
While everyone is aware about the fact that poor user experience is one of the major causes of bad reputation, low visitor involvement, low conversion rates and so on, not a lot of people understand exactly what designing mistakes are hurting their website’s performance.
In this post, we have enlisted the five most common things that all the mobile users hate about poorly designed websites-
- Frequent pop-ups– There could not be any worse way to scare your visitors away than frequent popups. Although sometimes pop-ups act as a great way to earn new subscribers, yet most of the people find it annoying.
- Auto play multimedia– You must have seen pages where a video starts playing automatically right after the page loads. That’s insidious! Some visitors love silent browsing sessions and it can be quite irritating for them if multimedia starts playing and all of a sudden. Your website should contain a choice button, whether to play a multimedia or not, nobody should be forced to listen what you have to say.
- Useless animations– Studies show that it takes almost three seconds for a visitor to decide whether to stay on the page or leave it. So, forget about the useless animations and focus on creating content that interests users. Use catchy headlines, interesting content, illustrative copy, etc.
- Clarify through images– You can include images of your clients, your current employees your images, or anything else that would gain your visitors trust in what you have to say/offer. Clarifying through images is considered awesome.
- Avoid general forms- Do not add useless forms. For example- one of them most generic form is “contact us” form. Apart from being generic, it does not even specify whether the visitor is willing to receive more information, or not. Therefore, try other ways through which people can get hold of you right away.
Major app stores like Google Play and App Store are flooded with the apps, which means that getting your app discovered can be extremely challenging. App Store Optimization
(ASO) is the ideal marketing practice that helps you accomplish intended results.
What is ASO?
App store optimization is a process that is used to improve the visibility of a mobile app in the search results of the app stores. An app that ranks well in the search results becomes more visible to users, which ultimately results into more app page traffic.
Why ASO is Essential?
It has been found that more than 60% of apps are discovered via app store searches, as it is the most used methods for discovering new apps for the download. It simply means that denying app store optimization, you will struggle to boost the visibility of your app. Therefore, if we say that ASO gives you the privilege to decide the fate of your app, there will be nothing wrong in it.
How to Optimize?
ASO is a long and complex process that requires time and a set of special skills. Even though it takes time to deliver results, but can definitely produce fantastic results. It also gives a perfect platform to your other app marketing strategies as well. You should get in touch with an expert or you can get started with ASO using tips given below-
– It is the most important part of app store optimization program. Begin your research with your app by finding factors such as its performance in the searches and on what terms it ranks better, if it is ranking well. You also need to do research about your competitors not just see where your app ranks compare to them, but also to find their targeted search terms and for what terms they rank well.
– Once you have finished your research, you will have a good understanding of keywords that are ranking well or keywords that you should target for your app. Use keywords that are associated with the essence of your app. Keyword placement is another vital factor, as the correct location of keyword can help your app rank higher.
– Your app description plays a significant role in helping users make a decision whether or not they should download the app. It is an opportunity for you to express the magic features of your app in your own words. Add a short and unique, but impressive description that will leave an impeccable impression on the users.
– Your app logo should be iconic that gives users a glimpse of what your app is all about. Icon of the app is first thing users reflect upon, which why you need create an impressive and eye-catching logo with a cool 3D effect. Remember, it is all about being unique and standing apart from the competitors.
– Many quality apps fail to achieve the desired numbers of downloads because they consider screenshots as a feature list. Using screenshots gives you an opportunity to express your audience why they should use your app. Remember, a picture can say thousand words? Therefore, make sure to use screenshots that define the whole story.
Reviews and Ratings
– Mobile apps with better reviews and higher rating rank better is not a hidden secret anymore. Therefore, it is vital for you to ensure that you have positive reviews and have addressed negative reviews appropriately. Remember, you do not need to beg for good reviews and ratings, as you need to earn it by offering the best. However, you can encourage users to post more reviews and leave suggestion for improvements.
– You just cannot afford to ignore the QA aspect, as you need to make sure that your app is free of bugs and will not crash to make users delete it immediately. Remember, all your efforts and hard work can go in vain, if your app has any bugs or issues associated with its functioning.
– You also need to understand that the category you select for your app would influence the ranking factor for that particular arena. Hence, you should carefully select the category, which is most relevant to the type of service your app offers.
Therefore, at the end we can say that ASO is a crucial requirement that gives you app the most needed exposure.
Difference in ASO for Google Play and The App Store
Even though ASO concepts for both Google Play and The App Store, but still there are two main differences.
– The Apple App store includes a keyword entry field in iTunes Connect to establish keywords. Publisher selects these keywords and the field is Only 100 characters long. While Google Play receives the app keywords from app description and has enough space to add more keywords, because the field is 4,000 characters long.
– Usage of keywords in the app name enables app to rank higher in the both stores, but there is a difference in the characters allowed. Apple allows 255 characters whereas Google gives only 30 characters to name the app.
Want to maximize the numbers of downloads?
ASO is the best possible way to achieve desired visibility and increased app popularity. However, in order to maximize the numbers of downloads, you should also combine it with other marketing channels that can include both paid and organic marketing methods.
Server response time is the time taken in getting response from the server after sending a request.
According to Google Page Speed Insights – Server response time should be under 200ms
Factors that affect response time of server
- Slow running of logical queries
Outcomes of slow server response time
- Solving database queries slowly
Factors that help in determining server response time
- Affects indexation process
Traffic coming on the site
With increased traffic on the site, webpage loading time speed slows down. This is because increased traffic increases resource usage.
Resource usage by a website
For viewing a web page each time, web server is accessed, which keeps the resources occupied. With website resources being occupied, the other functioning at the backend gets slow, eventually affecting the response time.
Steps for reducing resource usage –
- Optimize code by combining CSS files
- Impact of keep-alive (determine how communication is carried out between webserver and browser)
Right web hosting is necessary for improved server response time.
Following are few recommendations for improving web hosting-
- WordPress hosting- WordPress specific web hosting is must if a server is using WordPress frequently.
- Shared hosting- For effective functioning of websites, shared hosting is preferred. Bluehost is a widely used shared website hosting platform.
- VPS hosting- When your site gets too big for shared hosting, you can opt for VPS.
- Dedicated server- When you need more than VPS hosting, you need a dedicate server.
- Cloud server- In this, virtual server is put into action. This helps in managing the resources optimally.
- Content delivery network- It is based on the geographic location of the user. Storing and accessing of files can easily be done from any part of the world by this method.
- Caching- WordPress sites linked with PHP often slowdown the servers speed because server requires handling various other files. Caching WordPress files provides users static files directly, thus reducing load on the server.
Use of the right web server (Apache, Nginx and Litespeed) is necessary to improve the response time.
Web server wise benefits-
- PHP server side scripting language runs on Apache at an average pace
- Handles traffic efficiently
- It has the fastest server response time
- PHP runs on Apache at a fast pace
- It is available in both free and paid versions
- Much faster than Apache and Nginx
- Easily compatible with Apache
- PHP server side scripting language runs at a much faster pace on Litespeed