The webmaster and the website owners are responsible for the safety of their website data. The website development process is complex. A website needs to be developed, optimized, and placed live. With so much hard work done, it is crucial that the data is protected.
Knowing about the preventive measures will help you understand the security concerns about the website and prevent them. This way your website would be able to stay live 24/7.
At Soft System Solution, we have been creating WordPress websites for years and our experts are regularly asked the question about the security of the website. While, it is impossible to secure the website from each and every threat, it does not mean that it cannot be protected.
Here are a few tips to help you secure your website:
The first and foremost thing you should do to make your website secure is to change the admin. You need to change the password and username. If you use admin as you username and password, you are putting your website in jeopardy. Admin is one of most easiest password to hack.
Strong passwordIt is very important to have a strong password. Here is some old and gold advice on creating a strong password.
- Use more than 12 characters.
- Add numbers, lowercase and capital letters with alphanumeric symbols
- Do not use a word from the dictionary or your name. It will be easy to guess.
Opting for a brute force plugin to secure the website is not as efficient as you might think it be. It can lead to website becoming unavailable. The best way to secure is to setup a secondary level password and limit the WordPress access with .htaccess.
If a bot or a malicious hacker is trying to get the access to the website with brute force attack, the best way to secure your website is by limiting the login attempts. Once you have changed your login details to a strong and secure ones, you’ll be able to repeal any brute force attack.
The two-factor authentication adds an extra security step to your login procedure. With a single login, you will just put username and password. However, with the second factor authorization, you would need to put in a verification code. This factorization will assure you that your website is secure.
Want to know more about website security? Don’t worry, we can help you out. We are a premier provider of web design, development & app development organization and PPC services in New York. At Soft System Solution, we focus on providing our clients best service through our comprehensive and customized approach.
While mending damages some tools come in handy. Web development and web designing is gaining immense popularity nowadays. It can entail lots of work in maintaining a site and it may require time. Fortunately, there are companies which can support you in this effort, in providing web solutions for your own website.
In NYC, many reputed companies can be a source of web solutions for you, especially for the maintenance of your website. Web solution companies help different firms in making their presence felt on the World Wide Web. They do so with a number of techniques like web designing, web development.
The professionals are given the charge of designing the company’s website, as well as its constant maintenance. They can be in charge of the constant updates that you have to do to keep your customers and audience up-to-date.Some Modern Website Design Elements and Trends
Web design is moving toward modular design that often involves designing how the search function will work, how the navigation will be laid out, etc.
Unique and Large Typography
In recent times, designers have acquired a large selection of fonts to choose from, making it easier for companies to express their services and brands more accurately through topography. The unique font style makes the website to stand out from the rest.
Large & Responsive Hero Images
Large hero images used in the background with text and other content overlaid on top like Uber’s website. Regardless of the approach you make use of, it is visually easy approach to convey through images the story behind your websites without having to rely on just text.
Flat Design Trend
Flat design was quickly adopted by designers to end the concept of skeuomorphism very quickly. The biggest advantage of using flat design forces designers to emphasis more on the content and picking the trendy colors to help users find the way through designs.
Some websites also have videos that play in the background that can add a lot to a page. These videos can be used to tell a story and significantly reduce the amount of other written content used to explain your business.
Improve Your Business’ Search Engine Optimization to Attract Potential New CustomersSearch engine optimization includes good code and good website standards and continues with management of your online presence. The core of website building is having good coding standards. Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager can be used to connect your websites. This will let you have knowledge of users and who is using your website. The number of visitors you may be getting and how often they return to your website.
To understand the SEO health of your websites and improve Google deems, you need to achieve scores and speeds by following these features:
• Optimizing the delivery of your code
• Using content delivery networks for distributing to various networks to speed up request and download times
• Using cache plugin and mechanisms to speed up response time
• Server level and user level image optimization so that the content is optimized for the web
• Use a good web host that has a good fast response time when loading a website
Apart from having a good website design and SEO management, you need to have a good reputation management strategy for your firm.Let’s have a look at some of the common methods followed by the reputation management firms to eliminate the negative image of a brand or an individual.
• Publishing optimistic and original web content through social media profiles and websites to hit harmful search engine results.
• Publishing press releases to support the brand and annul discouraging search results.
• Maintaining search engine optimization
• Talk about the company in various reputed third party platforms.
• Multiple blogs by different sources
Reputation Is the Secret Ingredient to Success
When you have many competitors in the market who are spending money on the same advertising and marketing tactics, what establishes your brand then is the reputation and it brings revenue growth.Interestingly, the foundation for understanding reputation is now global, with online review sites, blogs, and social media making it easier for customers to understand the brands and the related products.
Encouraging Positive Reviews
In the service industry, such as restaurants, the customers are asked for feedback immediately. Many people are happy to share their positive feedback on their social media profiles after a pleasant experience.
For online business, surveys and feedback forms are useful to record reviews for potential customers.. For the proper progressive growth of businesses, you need to have a strong summarize mechanism that ensures every customer provides feedback, whether positive or negative.Thus, in today’s competitive market it has become important to stay ahead of the curve by reading guides on upcoming trends of web solutions in the coming year. You need to approach companies which follow these trends and make use of it in their work. Soft System Solution helps you in creating experiences for your customers who will actually add value and ensure positive reputation going forward.
- <Header> –define header of the section
- <Main> – Defines the main content of section
- <Nav> – Defines navigation links
- <Article> –Defines individual content within the document (blog posts, comments)
- <Section> – Defines a section within a document
- <Aside> – Defines content that is aside from main content
- <Figure> – Defines independent content (photos, illustrations, videos)
- <Mark> – Defines highlighted or important content
- <Fig caption> – Defines the caption for the figure
- <HGroup> – Defines a group of header tags
- <Footer> – Defines the footer of section
- <Time> – Defines the time
- Frequent pop-ups– There could not be any worse way to scare your visitors away than frequent popups. Although sometimes pop-ups act as a great way to earn new subscribers, yet most of the people find it annoying.
- Auto play multimedia– You must have seen pages where a video starts playing automatically right after the page loads. That’s insidious! Some visitors love silent browsing sessions and it can be quite irritating for them if multimedia starts playing and all of a sudden. Your website should contain a choice button, whether to play a multimedia or not, nobody should be forced to listen what you have to say.
- Useless animations– Studies show that it takes almost three seconds for a visitor to decide whether to stay on the page or leave it. So, forget about the useless animations and focus on creating content that interests users. Use catchy headlines, interesting content, illustrative copy, etc.
- Clarify through images– You can include images of your clients, your current employees your images, or anything else that would gain your visitors trust in what you have to say/offer. Clarifying through images is considered awesome.
- Avoid general forms- Do not add useless forms. For example- one of them most generic form is “contact us” form. Apart from being generic, it does not even specify whether the visitor is willing to receive more information, or not. Therefore, try other ways through which people can get hold of you right away.
- Slow running of logical queries
- Solving database queries slowly
- Slow routing
- Lack of memory
- Affects indexation process
- High bounce rate
- Bad user experience
- Optimize code by combining CSS files
- Optimize images
- Impact of keep-alive (determine how communication is carried out between webserver and browser)
- WordPress hosting- WordPress specific web hosting is must if a server is using WordPress frequently.
- Shared hosting- For effective functioning of websites, shared hosting is preferred. Bluehost is a widely used shared website hosting platform.
- VPS hosting- When your site gets too big for shared hosting, you can opt for VPS.
- Dedicated server- When you need more than VPS hosting, you need a dedicate server.
- Cloud server- In this, virtual server is put into action. This helps in managing the resources optimally.
- Content delivery network- It is based on the geographic location of the user. Storing and accessing of files can easily be done from any part of the world by this method.
- Caching- WordPress sites linked with PHP often slowdown the servers speed because server requires handling various other files. Caching WordPress files provides users static files directly, thus reducing load on the server.
- Free of cost
- Easily configurable
- PHP server side scripting language runs on Apache at an average pace
- Free of cost
- Uses less resources
- Handles traffic efficiently
- It has the fastest server response time
- PHP runs on Apache at a fast pace
- It is available in both free and paid versions
- Much faster than Apache and Nginx
- Easily compatible with Apache
- PHP server side scripting language runs at a much faster pace on Litespeed
- Its quick– Mobile friendly websites created with Foundation framework offer better pace of navigation.
- Completely customizable– Websites built in Foundation can easily be restyled according to specific needs.
- Offers brilliant mobile user experience.
- GPU acceleration– Better animation is possible via this framework making the website look smarter and better.
- Improved forms-Easy coding helps in creating custom build forms in this framework.
- Faster to code – Faster coding for all sizes (small grid, medium grid or large grid) is possible in this framework.
- It offers various ready to use templates
- Libsassy– Integration of Foundation with Libsass (a Sass processor) helps in creating friendly and dynamic websites with great programmatic features.
- Easy to use– Getting started with Foundation framework is not a tough job. Be it beginner or an experienced developer/ designer, coding is done easily through it.
- Rapid prototyping– Ideas can be easily executed into a real picture in this framework, which eventually helps in fastening the prototyping process of the website.