Apple is the leading platform in the digital world, so iPhone apps are the necessary assets for every business owner. The Apple products are known for their style, exclusiveness, and uniqueness. To keep up with its high quality, Apple imposes strict requirements on its developers. It is important for an iOS developer to abide by standard practices for acceptance into the App store and for user-friendliness and usability.
Check out the following tips for companies that want to get iPhone apps developed.
- Outline the App’s purpose – The first step in developing an app involves creating a mobile strategy considering your business and customer requirements. For instance, iPhone users expect apps to fulfill their specific needs. In order to meet all the needs, developers need to clearly define user needs before developing the app.
- Define target audience – Your app worth nothing if there is no audience. Hence, it is important to develop your iPhone app keeping your target audience in mind.
- Streamline available features – Rearranging visuals and content for the mobile app will help customers recognize your brand while and streamlines interactions on both your app and website.
- Keep your app design simple yet unique – Make sure your app allows users to engage with the app without any complexity. Your design needs to be simple enough for hassle-free use and unique enough to grab the attention of your target audience.
- The app should be compatible with different iOS versions – Your app should support consumers with the oldest as well as the most recent iPhone. An iOS app must support multiple versions of iOS because this will help in widening the reach of your app, hence increases the number of users.
- Create a striking design – Backed with scientific facts, the average attention period for consumers is not more than eight seconds. So, make sure your app provides excellent, easy-to-navigate design to keep users involved.
- High-performance app – Your iOS app must be high performing and fulfill customer requirements of speed, agility, and flexibility. If an app is not highly-efficient, customers will lose interest and ultimately delete it. For instance, Whatsapp allows for smooth interaction between users through text, images and videos.
- Test before launch – It is mandatory for every mobile app development company to carry out plenty of testing before they launch their app. For example, if an app fails the first attempt users operate it, they will not return back to the app, therefore fixing bugs and issues before release can prevent such situation.
- Set your app’s price – Price plays an important part in the iPhone app’s success. Although free apps sound attractive, it may not be beneficial for your business, especially if your app offers a premium, unique service. The factors that help to determine the price of the app are the development time, development cost, and prominent features.
Making an app for a particular business is not an easy task. As to develop an app needs a lot of professional and experienced people. If you’re searching for iPhone development company in New York
, contact Soft System Solution
. We are the leading mobile application development company in New York.
The webmaster and the website owners are responsible for the safety of their website data. The website development process is complex. A website needs to be developed, optimized, and placed live. With so much hard work done, it is crucial that the data is protected.
Knowing about the preventive measures will help you understand the security concerns about the website and prevent them. This way your website would be able to stay live 24/7.
At Soft System Solution, we have been creating WordPress websites for years and our experts are regularly asked the question about the security of the website. While, it is impossible to secure the website from each and every threat, it does not mean that it cannot be protected. Here are a few tips to help you secure your website:
The first and foremost thing you should do to make your website secure is to change the admin. You need to change the password and username. If you use admin as you username and password, you are putting your website in jeopardy. Admin is one of most easiest password to hack.
It is very important to have a strong password. Here is some old and gold advice on creating a strong password.
- Use more than 12 characters.
- Add numbers, lowercase and capital letters with alphanumeric symbols
- Do not use a word from the dictionary or your name. It will be easy to guess.
Opting for a brute force plugin to secure the website is not as efficient as you might think it be. It can lead to website becoming unavailable. The best way to secure is to setup a secondary level password and limit the WordPress access with .htaccess.
If a bot or a malicious hacker is trying to get the access to the website with brute force attack, the best way to secure your website is by limiting the login attempts. Once you have changed your login details to a strong and secure ones, you’ll be able to repeal any brute force attack.
The two-factor authentication adds an extra security step to your login procedure. With a single login, you will just put username and password. However, with the second factor authorization, you would need to put in a verification code. This factorization will assure you that your website is secure.
Want to know more about website security? Don’t worry, we can help you out. We are a premier provider of web design, development & app development organization and PPC services in New York
. At Soft System Solution
, we focus on providing our clients best service through our comprehensive and customized approach.
While mending damages some tools come in handy. Web development and web designing is gaining immense popularity nowadays. It can entail lots of work in maintaining a site and it may require time. Fortunately, there are companies which can support you in this effort, in providing web solutions for your own website.
In NYC, many reputed companies can be a source of web solutions for you, especially for the maintenance of your website. Web solution companies help different firms in making their presence felt on the World Wide Web. They do so with a number of techniques like web designing, web development.
The professionals are given the charge of designing the company’s website, as well as its constant maintenance. They can be in charge of the constant updates that you have to do to keep your customers and audience up-to-date.
Some Modern Website Design Elements and Trends
Web design is moving toward modular design that often involves designing how the search function will work, how the navigation will be laid out, etc.
In recent times, designers have acquired a large selection of fonts to choose from, making it easier for companies to express their services and brands more accurately through topography. The unique font style makes the website to stand out from the rest.
Large hero images used in the background with text and other content overlaid on top like Uber’s website. Regardless of the approach you make use of, it is visually easy approach to convey through images the story behind your websites without having to rely on just text.
Flat design was quickly adopted by designers to end the concept of skeuomorphism very quickly. The biggest advantage of using flat design forces designers to emphasis more on the content and picking the trendy colors to help users find the way through designs.
Some websites also have videos that play in the background that can add a lot to a page. These videos can be used to tell a story and significantly reduce the amount of other written content used to explain your business.
Improve Your Business’ Search Engine Optimization to Attract Potential New Customers
Search engine optimization includes good code and good website standards and continues with management of your online presence. The core of website building is having good coding standards.
Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
can be used to connect your websites. This will let you have knowledge of users and who is using your website. The number of visitors you may be getting and how often they return to your website.
To understand the SEO health of your websites and improve Google deems, you need to achieve scores and speeds by following these features:
• Optimizing the delivery of your code
• Using content delivery networks for distributing to various networks to speed up request and download times
• Using cache plugin and mechanisms to speed up response time
• Server level and user level image optimization so that the content is optimized for the web
• Use a good web host that has a good fast response time when loading a website
Apart from having a good website design and SEO management, you need to have a good reputation management strategy for your firm.
Let’s have a look at some of the common methods followed by the reputation management firms to eliminate the negative image of a brand or an individual.
• Publishing optimistic and original web content through social media profiles and websites to hit harmful search engine results.
• Publishing press releases to support the brand and annul discouraging search results.
• Maintaining search engine optimization
• Talk about the company in various reputed third party platforms.
• Multiple blogs by different sources
Reputation Is the Secret Ingredient to Success
When you have many competitors in the market who are spending money on the same advertising and marketing tactics, what establishes your brand then is the reputation and it brings revenue growth.
Interestingly, the foundation for understanding reputation is now global, with online review sites, blogs, and social media making it easier for customers to understand the brands and the related products.
Encouraging Positive Reviews
In the service industry, such as restaurants, the customers are asked for feedback immediately. Many people are happy to share their positive feedback on their social media profiles after a pleasant experience.
For online business, surveys and feedback forms are useful to record reviews for potential customers.. For the proper progressive growth of businesses, you need to have a strong summarize mechanism that ensures every customer provides feedback, whether positive or negative.
Thus, in today’s competitive market it has become important to stay ahead of the curve by reading guides on upcoming trends of web solutions in the coming year. You need to approach companies which follow these trends and make use of it in their work. Soft System Solution
helps you in creating experiences for your customers who will actually add value and ensure positive reputation going forward.
Before Gulp came along Grunt was widely accepted to be the best among the many tools that developers used to streamline repetitive tasks while writing code.
But ever since Gulp came on the scene, the spunky upstart has rapidly gained popularity in the developer community as the better option. While that still remains more of an opinion than fact, there is no denying that the introduction of Gulp has launched a vigorous debate over which is better – Gulp or Grunt?
As battle lines are drawn and volleys fired in quick succession, we take a quick look at the differences between the two and the possible advantage that one might offer over the other.
Similarities and Differences
Before we get to the differences and the possible advantages of Gulp and Grunt, let’s take a look at the similarities.
- Code quality analysis etc.
But that’s about where the similarities end we step into murkier waters.
The main differences between the two build runners stem from the way they are designed to configure the tasks that they automate and the way that they run those same tasks.
Grunt is designed to automate tasks on the basis of configuration while Gulp uses stream based automation. Grunt uses Temp files. Gulp makes use of node streams.
When it comes to running the tasks Grunt proceeds in a sequential manner and Gulp runs maximum tasks concurrently.
Currently, by virtue of its different approach to automation, Gulp possesses a distinct advantage in speed but the difference is relatively small. So much so, that in small projects the difference in speed is almost negligible.
However, an advantage that Grunt has over Gulp is that it is supported by a much larger community of developers as compared to Gulp. This is to be expected though, seeing as Grunt has been around a lot longer than Gulp.
But more and more developers, attracted by its faster speed and a cleaner API, are switching over to Gulp.
So, who is the winner?
The correct answer would be – Both. It all comes down to the individual preferences of the developer and the approach they personally use to create and organize their code. Either Grunt or Gulp can be best suited for a particular project depending upon the specific demands of the project. For now, sporadic skirmishes apart, the communities around both Gulp and Grunt enjoy very synergetic exchanges.
AWS used to be the unchallenged king of cloud computing before the launch of Google compute engine (GCE). Now, Google’s cloud service is giving tough competition to AWS.
While AWS’s market dominance favors it, Google’s reputation speaks for it. But that is not all that is going on in this tug of war, as there are various technicalities that play a crucial role when these two are compared.
So, let us take a detailed look at those technicalities to unravel which one of these two is better for businesses.
Computing and storage cost
-Computing and storage cost of AWS is calculated on hourly basis. Even when used for less than an hour, you will have to pay for the hour.
-They calculate on the basis of minutes approx. ten.
Bottom line – GCE’s computing and storage cost is less than AWS.
Load balancing hits
– Amazon’s Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) is incapable of providing pre-warning and cannot handle the sudden spikes in traffic. You need to subscribe to AWS support to pre-warn ELB.
Google compute engine can handle traffic instantly, thus do not require any pre-warning. It can scale up to 1 million requests per second.
Bottom line – Google compute engine is more efficient in handling load.
Persistent disks (PD) usage
– The persistent disk is mounted to either read or write functionality.
-In this, the PD usage is not restricted like AWS. GCE’s Persistent Disks can be fixed to both read and write functionality on a virtual machine or read only functionality on different virtual machines.
Bottom line – Compared to AWS, GCE do not restrict any PD functionality, thus providing instant results to users.
Persistent disk storage
– It supports only one TB of disk size. Moreover, the IOPS is predefined and based on Instance Type, Network Speed, etc.
– GCE supports 10TB of disks storage. The IOPS is based on the core number and disk size.
Bottom line –GCE supports ten times more persistent disk storage compared to AWS.
-AWS’s private cloud is termed as VPC (Virtual Private Cloud). No integrated network is available for all regions, as VPC resources are linked to specified region only. For enabling VPC to multiple regions, VPN connectivity is compulsory between regions.
– In GCE, the integrated network is available for all regions. This means images, snapshots, static IPs, firewalls, tags, and resources can easily be shared by users from different regions.
Bottom line – Using GCE is far better than AWS as customers can easily make use of all resources under one roof.
– Public internet is used for communication between different regions.
– In contrast, GCE has a global network that helps in performing better networking across regions.
Bottom line – GCE’s communication is much quicker than AWS.
– AWS has launched cloud machine image feature recently. It provides the accessibility to copy the images to other regions at Data transfer and Snapshot charges.
Users irrespective of their region can access Cloud machine images in GCE. This is because it maintains a global depository of images. Moreover, no Data transfer and Snapshot charges are incurred in it.
Bottom line – Accessing the Google Cloud Machine Images from different regions for image transfer or copying is cost effective.
– For releasing Ephermal IP for AWS, request for Static IP is required to be made and then assigned to Instance.
-In this, Ephermal IP is used as reserved IP, which helps customers to easily retain their DNS records. Moreover, no sort of rebooting is required in GCE.
Bottom line – GCE is far better than AWS, as customers do not require different IPs for accessing their records.
– It has slow booting time as compared to GCE. Moreover, it even does not provide auto restart functionality.
– Its boot time is 5X faster than AWS, which means only 30 seconds is required to reboot the system. Google Compute Engine has automatic restart that is set when any system event is crashed.
Bottom line – GCE Wins!
It has region specific firewalls that are linked to instances.
– GCE’s firewalls are not region specific. Moreover, these are not based on instances, rather are assigned to tags.
Bottom line –Data security is better in GCE compared to AWS.
Cloud resource logging
For accessing data in AWS, API is required which will then access the data in S3 bucket and provide it in JSON format.
-No specific API or format is there in GCE. As all things are available on the cloud, thus user can easily access it in user readable format.
Bottom line – In contrast to AWS, Google Compute Engine provides better accessibility for processing the data.
User accessing AWS is linked to a single account. This means users cannot share their credentials with multiple accounts until and unless integrated IAM is not provided.
– In this, single user can access multiple accounts as either admin or a general user.
Bottom line – Using GCE is better compared to AWS, because user is not restricted to work on a single account.
These were few of the most prominent points of comparison between AWS and GCE. While GCE has earned a lead in all the aforementioned points, AWS’s potential cannot be overlooked. But in black and white, GCE appears to take a lead (overall), and is being widely appreciated. What do you think?
With seamless growth of ecommerce market, there has been an increasing demand of ecommerce platforms and content management systems.
There are countless ecommerce platforms using which you can create your eStore. Determining which platform is the best amongst the hoard could be challenging. So, here is a little help for you. In this post, we have discussed top 5 CMSs for ecommerce website. Take a look-
Hosted vs. self-hosted platform
As the name implies, in hosted platform you get to create an e-Store on their server, for which you will not get the access, while on self-hosted platform e-Store owner purchasing separate hosting and then develop the entire website.
Small companies with budget constraints primarily use hosted platforms, while self-hosted platform are generally used by big enterprises that require lot of specific functions and detailed customization.
Which option to choose between the two depends on the specific requirements of a business! Below is the list of benefits of each platform that will help you in making the right choice-
Benefits of hosted platform-
- Integrated payment gateways
Benefits of Self-hosted platform-
- Complete control on all aspects of the website
Here is a list of the best options available in each of these two categories-
- Instant development of the website
- Powerful in-built marketing feature
- Quick server response time
- Used for developing big shopping sites
- Offers great flexibility in terms of functionality
- Availability of plenty of plugins
- Easy to handle multilingual pages
- Default product listing feature
- Good promoting and marketing feature
Word of wisdom
- Additional widgets like calendars, Google maps and Facebook integration
– If you are planning to start a small eStore and aren’t willing to spend a lot, go for the hosted platform. But if you do not want to compromise on the potential and plan to get started with something bigger, going for self-hosted platform would be advisable!
Why WordPress? Why should I shift my old website to WordPress?
Often website owners have these questions in their mind. If you too think the same way, then you are not doing anything unusual. In this document, we have compiled few points that will explain you the importance of WordPress, and what makes it developers/marketers’ favorite.
Gone are the days when WordPress was just considered a blogging platform. With time, it has evolved as a content management system (CMS). Today, most of the developers use WordPress for creating effective websites.
According to a recent survey, 74.6 million websites run on WordPress.
Reason behind its dominance-
- Open source– The term open source means it is free to download, install, use, and modify. Moreover, approximately 2600 themes and 31,000 plugins are available free to make your WordPress site even more functional.
- Thousands of available themes and plugins
- Search engine compatible– It is compiled of code and semantic markup that helps create search engine friendly website.
- Handle different media types– It is not just constrained to textual content only, but it provides the ability to embed images, audio, videos, and what not.
Besides its popularity amongst developers, WordPress has been tremendously popular among web marketers as well. Its credibility to maximize site’s SEO potential is worth considering for marketing purpose.
Following are few things which if handled properly, can make a WordPress site highly SEO friendly-
- Using SEO friendly design– Right design brings good business sales and ranking. Thus, optimal SEO compatible design is ought to be chosen. Factors to consider in this regard include page loading speed, responsiveness, user experience, and code structure.
- Use of plugins– With use of W3 Total Cache, WP Smush It, Yoast, Cloudflare and few other plugins, SEO optimization of a site can be done effectively.
Word of wisdom
- Permalinks – For making a WordPress website SEO friendly, permalinks are introduced, which seems to be like- http://example.com/?p=N being changed to http://example.com/2012/post-name/
– WordPress helps in creating a customized and optimized SEO friendly website that holds the potential to do wonders in the Search Engine Result Pages.
Server response time is the time taken in getting response from the server after sending a request.
According to Google Page Speed Insights – Server response time should be under 200ms
Factors that affect response time of server
- Slow running of logical queries
Outcomes of slow server response time
- Solving database queries slowly
Factors that help in determining server response time
- Affects indexation process
Traffic coming on the site
With increased traffic on the site, webpage loading time speed slows down. This is because increased traffic increases resource usage.
Resource usage by a website
For viewing a web page each time, web server is accessed, which keeps the resources occupied. With website resources being occupied, the other functioning at the backend gets slow, eventually affecting the response time.
Steps for reducing resource usage –
- Optimize code by combining CSS files
- Impact of keep-alive (determine how communication is carried out between webserver and browser)
Right web hosting is necessary for improved server response time.
Following are few recommendations for improving web hosting-
- WordPress hosting- WordPress specific web hosting is must if a server is using WordPress frequently.
- Shared hosting- For effective functioning of websites, shared hosting is preferred. Bluehost is a widely used shared website hosting platform.
- VPS hosting- When your site gets too big for shared hosting, you can opt for VPS.
- Dedicated server- When you need more than VPS hosting, you need a dedicate server.
- Cloud server- In this, virtual server is put into action. This helps in managing the resources optimally.
- Content delivery network- It is based on the geographic location of the user. Storing and accessing of files can easily be done from any part of the world by this method.
- Caching- WordPress sites linked with PHP often slowdown the servers speed because server requires handling various other files. Caching WordPress files provides users static files directly, thus reducing load on the server.
Use of the right web server (Apache, Nginx and Litespeed) is necessary to improve the response time.
Web server wise benefits-
- PHP server side scripting language runs on Apache at an average pace
- Handles traffic efficiently
- It has the fastest server response time
- PHP runs on Apache at a fast pace
- It is available in both free and paid versions
- Much faster than Apache and Nginx
- Easily compatible with Apache
- PHP server side scripting language runs at a much faster pace on Litespeed
Talking to developers about C#, they find it most simple, compatible, dynamic, and object-oriented programming language. Learning c# is very easy, if one knows about Java or C++.
However, many may think completely the other way round. Probably they are not aware with its facts and features, or they have some misconceptions.
Before we get on to understand what it is, let us take a quick look what are the widely presumed misconceptions about C# that has restricted many developers from using this language-
- “It is only Microsoft’s property”- Well answer to this is no! Microsoft did developed it, but ECMA and ISO approved it.
- “It can only run in Windows”- This fact is not true. As it is Common Language Infrastructure, it can function on any platform.
- “It runs efficiently on Windows and not on Linux “- The C# compiler is not specifically designed for Windows, but for other versions as well like Linux. Thus, it can run efficiently on all operating systems.
Reading the afore-mentioned points it is quite clear that there are no grounds of it but are mere myths.
Now once we are clear with C# myths, let us now get started to read about it and its advantages.
What is C# (C sharp)?
C# is an object oriented programming language designed for the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI). It is most simple, yet an effective programming language including strong typing feature.
Different versions of C#
C# helps to build a safe and robust application on .NET framework, which is why this language is dearest to developers. Following are few other advantages of this language that states its importance for developers-
Advantages of C#-
- C# 1.0
- C# 1.2
- C# 2.0
- C# 3.0
- C# 4.0
- C# 5.0
- C# 6.0
- C# is simple to understand and easy to learn language
- No need of COM plumbing or registry lookups because namespace and classes can easily be imported in this language.
- Its syntax are easy as compared to other languages like C++
- Operator overloading function can easily be applied in it, which is not there in VB.NET
- Access to memory directly is possible in it
- Nested classes can easily be derived in this language, which is allowed in C and C++
- The biggest advantage of this language is it support reflection mechanism
- C# can easily be used in conjunction with .NET language
Did you know that 67% users make purchases from a mobile-friendly website, instead from plain desktop websites?
Facts like this are the reason why majority of developers are making transition to mobile-friendly responsive website creation only. For this purpose, tools like ‘Foundation’ help a great deal.
Foundation (by ZURB) is a front-end framework widely used by developers for creating mobile-friendly websites. It allows you to work in HTML, CSS & jQuery, in conjunction with Sass and Rails.
Foundation offers a range of functions and features that are tightly regimented for the use of developers and designers.
Responsive websites can be built with its fluid grid system, jQuery slider, a lightbox plugin, and HTML elements that are packed in the Foundation framework. Custom forms (comprising jQuery, input elements, dropdowns, and checkboxes) can easily be created through it.
The feature of creating custom mobile layout in this framework gives an additional advantage of making personalized changes according to the need of mobile users.
10 Prominent Features of Foundation framework–
- Its quick– Mobile friendly websites created with Foundation framework offer better pace of navigation.
- Completely customizable– Websites built in Foundation can easily be restyled according to specific needs.
- Offers brilliant mobile user experience.
- GPU acceleration– Better animation is possible via this framework making the website look smarter and better.
- Improved forms-Easy coding helps in creating custom build forms in this framework.
- Faster to code – Faster coding for all sizes (small grid, medium grid or large grid) is possible in this framework.
- It offers various ready to use templates
- Libsassy– Integration of Foundation with Libsass (a Sass processor) helps in creating friendly and dynamic websites with great programmatic features.
- Easy to use– Getting started with Foundation framework is not a tough job. Be it beginner or an experienced developer/ designer, coding is done easily through it.
- Rapid prototyping– Ideas can be easily executed into a real picture in this framework, which eventually helps in fastening the prototyping process of the website.