How many marketers know how to juggle with codes? Not many!
That was probably one big reason that encouraged Google to come up with Tag Manager
There was no way a webmaster could track events of a website without getting his hands onto the codes. But, not anymore!
Now, no matter what you want to analyze (whether it is finding out how many people clicked on a button, or how many times a file was downloaded, etc.), you can do it without playing with the codes, through auto event tracking with tag manager.
What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
GTM is a tool that makes it trouble-free to add and update tags on a website. The GTM is well known for making the lives of online marketers easier. Furthermore, saving their precious time and making proper setups. However, not everyone realizes its importance. The Google tag manager provides greater flexibility to the marketers by introducing Auto event-tracking tool.
How the auto-event tracking works?
- Listen- By using the event- listener tag, you can listen to different types of user actions that includes clicks, form downloads, etc.
- Capture- after the tag detects a particular action; it identifies it and captures it.
Auto event tracking is a great option. Some of the main benefits are-
- Collect- after all this, you can automatically collect the actions using some additional tags.
- Further, it helps with the complex implementation without custom coding.
- You can create event tags directly with the help of auto event tracking tool.
- The auto event-tracking feature allows GTM users to fire scraps of tracking code without making any modifications to the page.