With seamless growth of ecommerce market, there has been an increasing demand of ecommerce platforms and content management systems.
There are countless ecommerce platforms using which you can create your eStore. Determining which platform is the best amongst the hoard could be challenging. So, here is a little help for you. In this post, we have discussed top 5 CMSs for ecommerce website. Take a look-
Hosted vs. self-hosted platform
As the name implies, in hosted platform you get to create an e-Store on their server, for which you will not get the access, while on self-hosted platform e-Store owner purchasing separate hosting and then develop the entire website.
Small companies with budget constraints primarily use hosted platforms, while self-hosted platform are generally used by big enterprises that require lot of specific functions and detailed customization.
Which option to choose between the two depends on the specific requirements of a business! Below is the list of benefits of each platform that will help you in making the right choice-
Benefits of hosted platform-
- Integrated payment gateways
Benefits of Self-hosted platform-
- Complete control on all aspects of the website
Here is a list of the best options available in each of these two categories-
- Instant development of the website
- Powerful in-built marketing feature
- Quick server response time
- Used for developing big shopping sites
- Offers great flexibility in terms of functionality
- Availability of plenty of plugins
- Easy to handle multilingual pages
- Default product listing feature
- Good promoting and marketing feature
Word of wisdom
- Additional widgets like calendars, Google maps and Facebook integration
– If you are planning to start a small eStore and aren’t willing to spend a lot, go for the hosted platform. But if you do not want to compromise on the potential and plan to get started with something bigger, going for self-hosted platform would be advisable!